The SWIFT MT101 format specifications as available in the SWIFT Category 1 – Message Reference Guide. Links to pages with detailed descriptions of fields will be provided later. Back to the payment messages page.
The SWIFT MT101 format specifications you find on the table below contains the fields that are found in the Block 4 or Text block of a SWIFT message. So it is only part of the information that is exchanged between senders and receivers over the SWIFT network. Here is the link to the whole structure of a SWIFT message (Blocks 1 to 5).
Links to articles about the MT101:
- How Corporations use the SWIFT MT101 Request for transfer
- Basic SWIFT MT101 Message with two domestic transactions
- SWIFT MT101 Usage to pay from multiple debit accounts
- SWIFT MT101 Usage to pay from a subsidiary account
- SWIFT MT101 Usage by parent company to pay on behalf of subsidiaries
- SWIFT MT101 Usage for funds repatriation